Volunteer Income Tax Assistance Program (VITA)
January 19, 2023
United Way of Tarrant County provides FREE income tax preparation assistance at its Volunteer Income Tax Assistance (VITA) Free Tax Centers. With multiple locations, low-income working individuals and families have the opportunity to receive help with their taxes. For many years, this successful program has helped Tarrant County residents with financial stability and resiliency.
VITA helps taxpayers who make less than $60,000 per year and need to file a return for the prior or current tax year.
Curbside Drop-off Service will be offered at 2 select locations:
- Grace In Grapevine 837 E. Walnut St. Grapevine, TX 76051
- Opening Doors for Women In Need 3600 Horne Street, Fort Worth, TX 76107
Curbside Drop-off allows taxpayers to drop off their tax documents beginning in early January at your choice of several VITA locations. Remain in your vehicle at all times; no one will be allowed to wait inside of facilities. A staff member will come to your vehicle, copy your documents, and return them to you. No originals will be kept.
List of Docs to Provide
Here’s the list of required documentation to bring with you to your appointment.
- Social Security card(s) or ITIN’s for everyone listed on the tax return.
- Photo ID for taxpayer and spouse if applicable.
- All tax forms (W-2, 1099’s, Medical Expenses, Education Expenses, Charitable Contributions, etc.)
- Bank information (routing and account numbers for direct deposit)
- Last year’s tax return (if you have it)
To find other locations who offer in-person services near you go to: www.unitedwaytarrant.org/vita/