Tarrant County Veteran Services
The Tarrant County Veteran Services Office is an advocate agency established to assist veterans and/or their survivors to obtain entitled benefits from the U.S. Department of Veterans Affairs (VA) and the State of Texas. Our office is a part of – and is funded by – Tarrant County. We are not a part of the U.S. Department of Veterans Affairs, more commonly known as the “VA”.
“WE WORK FOR TARRANT COUNTY VETERANS AND THEIR SURVIVORS, FREE OF CHARGE!”
1200 Circle Dr., Suite 300
Fort Worth, Texas 7619
Although we cannot make decisions on claims that we help the veteran or survivor submit, we can provide our expert advice about the various VA and State of Texas benefit programs, as well as their eligibility requirements and application procedures. We also assist you in completing all the forms necessary to apply for benefits and assist in gathering other supporting documentation necessary to file a proper claim or an appeal with the VA. We will also assist in resolving problems that arise from filing a benefits claim, and assist in getting answers to questions you may have about the laws and regulations that govern veterans’ and survivor benefits. We don’t just stop providing assistance after the benefit claim application has been submitted, we will stay with you throughout the entire claims process until you are satisfied with the results you receive from the VA.
Our office is located on the grounds of the Resource Connection of Tarrant County at 1200 Circle Drive, Suite 300, Fort Worth, TX, 76119. Our telephone number is 817-531-5645. Hours of operation are Monday – Friday, 8 a.m. to 4:30 p.m. We are closed on weekends and on County holidays. We will assist customers who walk-in but, to get the detailed attention that you may need to effectively explore the details of your claim in a relaxed, confidential setting, and at a time of your convenience and ours, we prefer you call and make an appointment to come into the office. Please have the veteran’s social security number handy when calling or visiting. If you have any questions about benefits or any concerns at all concerning the operation of the office, please contact us. Let us help you get the benefits you deserve, FREE OF CHARGE.
Services we provide assistance with (this list is not all-inclusive):
- Filing Disability Compensation Claims with VA
- Filing Non-Service Connected Pension Claims with VA
- Filing Dependency & Indemnity Compensation Claims with VA
- Filing Widow’s or Survivor’s Pension Claims with VA
- Filing Aid and Attendance Benefits Claims with VA
- Filing Housebound Benefits Claims with VA
- Obtaining discharge documents, military medical records, military personnel records, and medals/decorations
- Providing assistance with filing a Disagreement or an Appeal with the VA
- Providing assistance with filing a Debt Waiver or Debt Disagreement Request with the VA
- Provide assistance with Military Discharge Upgrade Requests
- Provide assistance with filing a Burial Benefit claim with the VA
- Provide general info on Texas State benefits for Disabled Veterans and Eligible Survivors
- Provide general info on Property Tax Exemption benefits for Disabled Veterans and Eligible Survivors